Tuesday, January 21, 2014

All of Me, Why Not Take All of Me?

I have mentioned before that I try to remember to offer myself to God as the gifts are being prepared or during the epiclesis (when the priest holds his hands over the bread and wine and calls down the Holy Spirit to change them into the Body and Blood). It's that part in CCC 901 about lay people offering their lives with the gifts.   You can read my explanation of that HERE.

On most days, it's pretty tame. Something like "God, take it all"  or "I give it all to you, Lord".  Sometimes, however, because I'm a musician and my head is full of random stuff,  the whimsey in me comes up with this:


All of me
Why not take all of me
Can't you see
I'm no good without you...


Yeah, God - I'm pretty much a mess without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment